|CERT-In Vulnerability Note
Microsoft update on Adobe Flash Player Vulnerability
Original Issue Date:April 13, 2018
Severity Rating: HIGH
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 64-based Systems
- Windows 10 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1 for 32-bit systems
- Windows 8.1 for x64-based systems
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Microsoft Windows which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the targeted system.
Multiple vulnerabilities exist due to use-after-free memory error, Out-of-bounds read, Out-of-bounds write and Heap Overflow error in Adobe Flash Player installed in the system. A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by enticing a user to open a web page that contains crafted Flash content or to open the malicious document.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow the remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on a targeted system.
Apply appropriate security updates as mentioned in Microsoft Security Guidance
The information provided herein is on "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +91-11-24368572
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Government of India
6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003