Multiple Vulnerabilities in Adobe Acrobat and Reader
Original Issue Date: February 19, 2018
Severity Rating: High
- Acrobat DC (Continuous Track) Version 2018.009.20050 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat Reader DC (Continuous Track) Version 2018.009.20050 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat 2017 Version 2017.011.30070 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat Reader 2017 Version 2017.011.30070 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat DC (Classic Track) Version 2015.006.30394 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat Reader DC (Classic Track) Version 2015.006.30394 and prior for Windows and Macintosh
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Acrobat and Reader which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and bypass security controls on the target system.
These vulnerabilities are caused due to various use- after free, Out-of-bounds write, heap overflows and Out-of-bounds read issues. A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by creating specially crafted content and by convincing the target user to open the malicious file.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and bypass security restrictions on the target system.
Apply appropriate security updates as mentioned in the
Adobe Security Advisory APSB18-02
The information provided herein is on "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +91-11-24368572
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Government of India
6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003