|CERT-In Vulnerability Note
Windows Kernel Memory Information Disclosure Vulnerability
Original Issue Date:December 14, 2016
Severity Rating: MEDIUM
- Microsoft Windows 10 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 for 64-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 for 64-bit Systems
A vulnerability has been reported in Microsoft Windows which could allow an authenticated, local attacker to access sensitive information.
This vulnerability exists in Microsoft windows kernel due to improper handling of certain page fault system calls. A remote attacker with physical access to a targeted system could exploit this vulnerability by either connecting or by convincing a locally authenticated user to execute especially crafted application or malicious program whose .
successful exploitation could disclose sensitive information from one process to another.
Apply appropriate patches as mentioned in Microsoft Security Bulletin
The information provided herein is on "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
Email: email@example.com Phone: +91-11-24368572
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Government of India
6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003