|CERT-In Vulnerability Note
Microsoft Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player
Original Issue Date:December 14, 2016
Severity Rating: HIGH
- Windows 8.1 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows 10 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
- Windows Server 2016 for 64-bit Systems
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Flash Player when installed in windows operating system which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and bypass security controls on the target system.
These vulnerabilities are caused due to various use after-free-memory errors, memory corruption errors, and buffer overflow conditions. A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by creating specially crafted Flash content and convincing the target user to open the malicious file.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and bypass security restrictions on the target system.
Apply appropriate patches as mentioned in Microsoft Security Bulletin
The information provided herein is on "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +91-11-24368572
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Government of India
6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003